steadyaku47

Friday 20 March 2015

What DAP and PKR now have to decide is if they still want Pas in Pakatan Rakyat.

I do not understand Hudud. I have not even made a cursory attempt to understand hudud nor do I intend to do so because I really have no interest in these kind of issues. My life is not going to be affected by what they do in Kelantan because my life is here in Melbourne and I do not see any reason for me to go to Kelantan nor do I want to go there in the very near future. I am 67 years old and only what happens in the very near future concerns me. I will be dead by the time anything other than the "near future" passes me by.

Why should you bother yourself too much about what Pas in Kelantan wants to do with hudud?     

Is it because you feel that Pas will break up the Pakatan Rakyat coalition if it implements hudud in Kelantan? 

Ask yourself this question. Do you think that Anwar and Kit Siang ever thought that they could get Pas to forget about implementing Hudud in Kelantan when they first started talking with Pas about the formation of Pakatan Rakyat or did they know that it was possible that Pas will still insists upon implementing hudud in Kelantan but for political expediency they still went ahead and formed PR and hoped somehow they can persuade Pas to forget about hudud? From what I know about Pas, hudud is fundamental to what they intend to do in Kelantan and any other state under their control...so do not blame Pas for wanting to do what they have always said they will do : Implement hudud in Kelantan and in any other state under their control.



Now whether hudud is good or bad is subjective. You can argue till the cows come home and it will still be subjective. As far as I am concern if the people of Kelantan wants Pas it means the people of Kelantan also wants hudud to be implemented in Kelantan. If they do not then they will vote Pas out of Kelantan. It has happened before and it will happened again if the people of kelantan decides that that is what they want to do. So leave them be with Pas.

What DAP and PKR now have to decide is if they still want Pas in Pakatan Rakyat. 

All the pros and cons have already been debated behind close doors and in public and by the public. Enough  of these discussions and debates. Bottom line is we need Pas to stay in the coalition as the road to Putrajaya gets rockier if Pas goes to the other side. 

So decide: political expediency or principles? 

Political expediency brought Pas, DAP and PKR together...so now you want to talk about principles? 

Last and not least try to understand this. If Pas thinks that the implementation of hudud will result in them losing Kelantan then Pas will not go on with the implementation of hudud. Pas, like Umno uses religion for its own ends. End of story.







No comments:

Post a Comment